Seven-step plan to a pleasureful flogging:
1. Warm up the area to be flogged by rubbing for good circulation. A nice sensual rub heats up the area just fine.
2. Use your flogging hand, use the flogger to "feather" the area to get even more blood to the surface. This helps your partner acclimate to the feel of the flogger.
3. Lightly flog the area in slow figure-eight circles, letting the tips fall onto the skin. Extra tip: if you want the flogging session to "hurt" more, tie the tip of each strip of the flogger into a knot. The end knots leave more impact on the skin.
5. Then Increase the pace and you've got into your flogging high/rhythm.
6. Slow down to wrap up.
7. After you're done with the flogged area, rub some arnica lotion or cream/creme on the area and you're all set!